Sunday, August 23, 2009

Missing money, clam chowder, weeds

Well Friday morning, Nathan and I woke up and went to Starbucks and then Walmart for a few things. I got home and had a message from our Bank (Bank of America), stating they have had some unusual activity on our account. I called the bank and I guess someone (Mexican) took my debit card number and withdrew about $700.00 (that is our daily limit). I was pissed and very nervous that they were going to have to close my account and I would have no money until I went back home. I talked to the bank and long story short, they can put a hold on my card and when I need to take money out of our account, I will have to call and request to use the card. I attempted this later that afternoon, but was not aware that they took out the limit for the day, so I was not able to get any money...I had 20 little less than $2 cash! Not to worry, I went the next morning and was able to withdraw some cash. So, Nathan and I won't have to stand on the corner and beg for money until Steve gets home.

Last night, my friend, Lexie invited us over for some clam chowder. I have always wanted to try it out every time we are by the ocean, but have never had the chance or guts to, hahaha!! So I informed her that I have never had chowder before and will see how it goes. We arrived and her house smelled soooo good, so that was a very good sign! Nathan had a blast playing with her 2 kids (5yr & 3yr). He really loves kids and I am sure he gets his social abilities from his dad. So, we sat down to eat and the chowder was amazing!! I couldn't even tell there were clams in the soup, it was that good! So next time we are at the beach, I think I might order up a bowl?

Today I finally tackled the backyard that had turned into a jungle!! Since it is raining season the grass just grows like crazy!!! When I was gone in July, Steve took care of the backyard, so I thought it was my turn to get the weed whacker out and go to town! So I was all ready with my shoes, socks up to my knees, hair pulled back and then...the whacker was broken!! So I took it apart and re-threaded the spool of plastic thread (the whacker part) and started to go to town on the backyard. I was very proud that I fixed it, not only once, but twice!!! So the backyard is all back to normal...nice and green too! Never knew weed whacking could be so hard on your back and arms???

No comments:

Post a Comment